The very wonderful Madiha @ The Smell of Parchment nominated me for the Liebster Award. Cute huh!
It's an award for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It's a way of showcasing different blogs and more importantly discover new ones! Super awesome.
So, I've gotta answer 11 questions, as well as give away 11 facts, and then nominate 11 blogs PLUS give them some questions too (11 to be exact)!
Many thanks to the fabulous Madiha - you can find her at the link above! Go and stalk with ya bad self!
My Questions from Madiha
1. Why did you begin blogging?
I have always written and I have always been opinionated. I began my 'blogging career' when I moved to the United Arab Emirates a few years back, I had (and still do but I've been lazy since the new year) a blog that recorded our adventures and misadventures, as well as pieces with general information about the UAE. I read English at university and so from an education perspective was taught to be quite critical of literature in general, also a good friend of mine @MabisMab had a book blog and so, I apologised profusely to her and let her know that I needed a place to express my audiobook, book and movie loves and irks and so that I would too, be starting a book blog. So viola - that is a detailed explanation of not only why did I begin blogging... but also how I got in to book blogging.
2. Sunrise or Sunset?
It's all about sunset for me my awesome friend. It's just stunning, the sun all deep oranges and reds that gives way to darkness. Just beautiful!
3. Do you judge a book by its cover?
Yes, yes I do, and I am not ashamed to sing it loud and proud. Occasionally not so good covered stories can surprise me, but if I'm out looking for a new book in a store I will naturally gravitate towards the prettiest covers.
4. What is the most exciting thing you've ever done?
It would have to be upping sticks and moving to the middle east. I love it here, it has been an amazing experience so far but yes, it was pretty exciting. Lots of tears but excitement too.
5. If you had to give up one of your senses, which would it be and why?
I guess it would have to be my sense of smell. I know I would miss out on the smell of fresh books, bread, and cut grass, and I'd definitely miss perfumes, but I think I couldn't go without the others optionally!
6. Which, in your opinion, is your favourite book to movie transition?
I'm gonna have to say To Kill a Mockingbird would be my favourite... even though I risk sound like an old fogey, but anywho, yes, yes, I loved it! Both the movie and the book, so there!
7. Most embarrassing story you are willing to share online?
This is an embarrassing but also AWESOME story. A friend and I had been walking through Borders once upon a time, as a teen, looking for a new book and I kid you NOT, there was a book that had a lady on the front that looked just like me! My friend and I could not believe our teenage eyes and so we grabbed it off the shelf and went to one of the staff members. We told them that I was the author of the book and the model on the front and that I was here for my scheduled book signing. The staff member looked flustered and told me that he would quickly go to his manager and that they would set something up as soon as possible.
So anywho... he started going and I... a total coward, chased him up the stairs apologised profusely and said that we were only joking. I was red, and stuttering, and feeling like I could potentially be arrested... my friend added to the aggrieved looking staff member, 'But doncha think she looks just like her?'. I felt just, so very embarrassed.
8. Your favourite book as a child?
The B.F.G by Roald Dahl. I even had it on audiobook too - I loved it!
9. Which book are you highly anticipating to read.
I'm really looking forward to reading Bitter Seeds by Ian Tregillis. It's a supernatural alternate history set in 1939; need I say more?
10. Who's your favourite character from a book/movie and why?
I think it has to be Odetta Holmes from Stephen King's The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three. She's also known as the Lady of the Shadows and Detta, she's a black lady from New York who is missing both of her legs below the knee and is wheelchair bound. She has a few, very awesome personalities. I love her because she's awesome, witty, moody and has other personalities - haha!
11. Have a book boyfriend/girlfriend? Who is it and why?
Funnily enough... I really don't. I do, though, remember when I was around fourteen having a massive book-crush on a character named Jethro from the Point Horror books. Yes... I know, I should be ashamed of myself, I had even thought that that was a hot name. Embarrassing.
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I get claustophobic if I'm indoors too much, but I prefer being indoors than outdoors
2. My favourite film of all time is The Wizard of Oz
3. I used to tight-lace
4. I'm a snob. A book and movie snob, I try not to judge, but I do.
5. I am a teacher
6. I have a freakish obsession with Stephen Fry
7. I am bilingual
8. I have a ridiculous soft-spot for 'inspirational teacher-movies'
9. I avoid CAPTCHA like the plague (unless when necessary)!
10. Rachel Berry from Glee is the most INFURIATING character to me and I actually stopped watching the show because I hated her so much
11. I love to swim
I Choose You!
1. Mab is Mab
2. Scenes of Chaos
3. That's What She Read
4. Lola's Reviews
5. The Social Potato Reviews
6. Literary, etc
7. Girl with a Pen and a Dream
8. Words and Tea Bottles
9. Wonderlands Reader
10. Ramblings of a Book Nerd
11. Shadows of the Past
My Questions for all of Yous
1. Why do you blog?
2. If you could become a character in a book for one day, who wouldja be?
3. What is your favourite genre?
4. Spring, Summer, Winter or Autumn?
5. Do you have a favourite book? What is it and why?
6. In your opinion what makes a good book cover?
7. Look one-hundred years in to the future... what does reading look like then?
8. Do you love or loathe movie adaptations of your books?
9. Where is your favourite place to read?
10. Where in the world have you visited?
11. If you could explore one culture in the world and ask all the questions and not offend anybody which culture would that be?
And there you have it! I look forward to seeing your answers - drop by and leave me a comment so I know when to find it and where! You guys rock and a special thank you to Madiha!