Sunday, December 2, 2012

I'm not usually a sucker for movie-trailers but I've got together a small list of movies that I want to see. Some I'll regret, others I'll love, and so here they are, in all their glory for your viewing and guffawing pleasure!


The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey




Eeek! Peter Jackson's return to the wonderful world of Tolkien has been anticipated all year, and I have been so excited! Bilbo Baggins, a quiet hobbit, is dragged in to an adventure by Gandalf the Grey and a bunch of boisterous dwarves. They go out to finally reclaim treasure that was stolen by Smaug, a scary dragon who does not like to part with his gold.



Struck by Lightning




I am quite honestly intrigued by this one. It has Chris Cofler (from Glee) if there are any fans and a few others (who are less notable) and I have a feeling that this film is going to have a Marmite effect (you either love it or hate it). Cofler's character is struck and killed by lightning and so he narrates to us from the dark pits of his crypt (okay... 'his grave' would have sufficed) about the blackmailing he had to do to get his peers to write for his magazine.


I Give it a Year




This comes out in 2013 and basically chronicles the first year of marriage of a cute couple who are just finding it all so very hard! It's British, it's shameless, blunt and stars some brilliant British comedians that make this worth-while. I generally avoid rom-coms like the plague - but this one has my attention.


The Impossible




Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts are united in The Impossible. They play parents who have taken their children to Thailand in 2004 and are there when the Tsunami struck. The movie tells the story of this real life family and how they survived and impossibly found each other again. It looks as if the audiences will spend most of the time crying, I just hope that the movie does not ignore that 200,000 people lost their lives due to the tragedy, and we are not all just relieved that a privileged white family survived.


Django Unchained



Anyone for a little Quentin Tarantino this Christmas? Yes - yes, I can't wait indeed! It looks like it's going to be inappropriate, bloody, violent, intense and awesome. Django is a slave who is released to become a bounty hunter... chasing and killing white people, at the same time he's trying to find his wife who was sold to somebody else. It's Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio - an interesting combination... I can't wait!


Les Miserables



Yes, exciting times indeed. Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, to name but a few, come together in Les Miserables in what is being anticipated Oscar fodder. See, I told you it's exciting. I love musicals, so this is great for me! It's from the same director who brought you The King's Speech and so, if you loved that, you'll be able to trust Tom Hooper again, I'm sure!


Warm Bodies




I had been terrified that this movie was going to be some sort of crazy Twilight type of thing - but I'm hoping it will definitely be on par with Zombieland (which I enjoyed immensely). The premise is simple. The world is now full of, and run by zombies, there are few people who are actually alive. Strangely, a zombie and a real-life girl, fall in love and put in to motion a series of events that may just save humanity!

So, that's a short list on what I'm looking forward to - let's hope subsequent reviews will show that I have not been fooled by the trailers and that they're all as awesome as they promise!
Happy waiting!


Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the tone!

Beep!

Orisi's Blah Blah Blah © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...